If you are looking for an AMAZING soup that will help you get your veggies in this is it! This is an delicious, creamy, veggie soup that is full of great greens and nutrition. I love to make pita chips with it, and add an IdealRaw protein shake on the side to make sure I’m getting full nutrition! This will become a staple in your house, it’s that good.
Serves: 8-10 servings
- * 2 TBSP olive oil
- * 2 clove garlic, minced
- * 3-4 medium leeks, green parts trimmed and discarded, white parts washed well and chopped
- * 4 medium zucchini, ends trimmed and chopped (about 4 cups total)
- * 1.5 teaspoon salt (adjust as needed)
- * 1 teaspoon pepper
- * 2 cups veggie broth (I like to use Better than Bullion seasoned vegetable)
- * 4 tablespoons fresh basil
- * 4 cups fresh spinach
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil and add the garlic, leeks, and zucchini.
- Stir in the salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring often, 3-4 minutes until the leeks have softened.
- Add the broth, cover, and cook, stirring every once in a while, until the zucchini is super tender about 10 minutes.
- Add in basil and spinach and stir until wilted.
- Allow to cool for up to 20 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender (can be made in batches) until the soup is pureed.
- Serve with toasted pita bread on the side (I like to use Josephs Oat Bran & Whole Wheat Pita Bread (found at Wal Mart).
- *Adapted from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe