Pancakes. Warm, comforting and sweet, pancakes are one of the most popular foods in America. They used to be just for breakfast, but now these fluffy creations can be eaten at just about any time of day, even dessert!
Yes, you heard me right. Dessert pancakes are quickly becoming the next foodie trend. Any excuse to load up on yummy toppings, like whip cream, maple syrup and candied nuts. Basically a calorie bomb!
But I am here to tell you I eat pancakes all the time. Yummy, decadent pancakes with loads of amazing toppings. Life is way too short to skip on the toppings, ya know?
So here is my solution to this problem. Ice cream! Yep, sweet, creamy ice cream. Arctic Zero desserts to be specific. I tried out the new flavors on my stack of cakes and this was a home run! My top 3 favorites were Vanilla Maple, Chocolate Cherry Chunk and Purely Chocolate. Topped with sweet cherry preserves, and all natural chocolate syrup and some mini chocolate chips (c’mon, did you really think I would forget that) this meal will satisfy your dessert pancake craving but with a third of the calories!
Even though this looks like a complicated set up, you can make the pancakes and assemble your creation in under 10 minutes.
- Pancake Ingredients:
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 TBSP melted coconut oil
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Alternate Pancake Option: Sometimes I like to use all natural, high protein pancake blends found at any grocery store. These can be mixed with eggs and milk for higher protein content. For each pancake I will use roughly ¼ cup of batter and you can use 3-4 pancakes for this recipe.
- Chocolate sauce:
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1-2 TBSP cocoa powder
- .5-1 TBSP honey
- 3-4 Pancakes is one serving.
- To Make Pancakes:
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Mix well
- In a separate bowl whisk eggs.
- Pour in oil and stir until combined.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry.
- Mix well.
- Pour ¼ cup batter on hot griddle to make into pancakes.
- *if you want these to be chocolate pancakes, mix in 1 TBSP cocoa powder into dry ingredients.
- To Make Chocolate Sauce:
- Mix together until thoroughly combined.
- To Assemble:
- Layer pancakes on plate.
- Scoop ice cream on top of pancakes.
- Drizzle with chocolate syrup.
- Top with a fruit preserve and some chocolate chips!