If you have been following my blog for awhile, you know that I love to eat dessert. Like it is literally my favorite favorite meal of the day! Unfortunately this can be a bit of a derailment when trying to lose fat or even maintain weight loss. That is why I try to “health-ify”some of my top picks when it comes to treats. I love to eat at Cheesecake Factory, always getting the same thing, Kale and Quinoa Salad. Have you tried it? If that is a no, then promise you will order it on your next visit, seriously it’s so yummy. But I always have such a temptation to order a piece of cheesecake (I mean who doesn’t). Sometimes I do, and that’s ok but is it so wrong to want to eat cheesecake every day? Maybe.
Well, lucky for both of us, I have solved that problem. I would like to introduce you to these lil’ beauties….Oh So Light Strawberry Cheesecake Bites. Yes, my friends this bowl of goodies will satisfy those sweet tooth cravings while keeping you swimsuit ready!
Oh, and did I mention if you choose these over CF Strawberry Cheesecake, you might be saving yourself 638 calories. Aaaand 27 grams of fat.
You’re welcome. Now go make these!
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 2 egg whites
- ⅓ cup truvia baking blend
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 TBSP arrowroot powder
- 40 strawberries
- graham cracker crumbs (garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Coat a 9 inch round pan with nonstick spray, set aside
- Blend together the cheese in food processor until smooth
- Add in egg whites, truvia, lemon juice, vanilla extract, salt and arrowroot powder. Blend until smooth
- Pour filling into pie dish, cook in oven for 50 mins.
- Remove cake from oven, allow to cool.
- Scoop cheesecake out and place in piping bag or Ziploc
- Core strawberries and pipe about 2 tsp of filling into each berry.
- Garnish with graham cracker crumbs
- Serve chilled
- (1 serving is roughly 4 berries)