I know, I know, brussel sprouts totally have a bad rap. I’m here to change your mind on these bad rap veggies. This Roasted Brussel Sprout Winter Salad is so yummy, and easy to put together. It’s topped with an amazing strawberry vinaigrette.
This brussel sprout salad will be perfect for lunch, side, or a simple dinner that can help the entire family learn to love these little round veggies.
- 1 lb brussell sprouts trimed
- 1 head romaine lettuce, cut and washed
- 2 cup baby kale
- ¼ cup blueberries
- 1 cup diced cucumbers
- ½ cup purple grapes, halved
- ¼ cup golden raisins or 50% less sugar cranberries
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- ⅓ cup pepitas (can toast them for extra flavor)
- ¼ walnuts or pecans
- 3 TBSP maple syrup
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- Toss sprouts with olive oil and roast in oven at 425 for 20-25 mins. Tops should be golden brown and slightly crispy
- Glaze walnuts or pecans with maple syrup. Toast in oven at 350 for 5-7 mins. Remove when done and allow to cool.
- Place lettuce and kale in a large serving bowl
- Add in all the toppings, placing glazed nuts on top